CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, April 30, 2007

Hippy skippy!

Yay for pagan hippy parties! Sunday was my friend Melanie's May day party, an annual event that we are trying to go to every year. This was my second time going. Last year I was pregnant and it was neat to get there and have all these folks who know me vaguely come running to see Kevin. It's like walking into a land where babies and kids are the most sacred thing ever. I guess you get that when you mix pagans, midwives, homebirth mommas and hippies all together. I'm not sure how many kids were there, but they definitely outnumbered the adults, and there were lots of adults. Some of my other dancer friends went too, and they aren't hippies... in fact, one of them is dating a cop. I almost laughed myself sick to see Melanie introduce them... "This is Lisa, she's in my dance troupe. This is her boyfriend Bob. Oh. He's a COP."

Of course, you can't have a may day party without the ultimate phallic symbol.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Unfortunately for us meat-o-sauruses, it was a vegetarian potluck. I survived, but my hubby stuck a bag of beef jerky in the diaper bag.

I like Melanie's parties though. She knows interesting people and the parties are always entertaining. There's always a half-dozen musicians and random music going on. And after dark, the fire-spinners come out. We only stayed long enough to watch one of them. Not a great pic but it was fun to watch in person.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A casual remark from me led to a discussion of the lack of libido in some new moms (like me) and I found out I'm not the only one, that's it a normal thing. Part of that whole protection from over-breeding thing I guess. Somehow that discussion digressed into whose old man (as Melanie and friends call their hubbies) had piercings on genitalia or nips. 8)

0 comments: