CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, July 20, 2008

What the Bleep!

I finally FINALLY watched What the Bleep Do We Know?!. It had been recommended to me ages ago, and I never got around to getting it, whether renting or borrowing from the friend who recommended it.

It is my new favorite documentary. I've watched it twice so far. I L.O.V.E. this film. I am ordering the expanded version, Down the Rabbit Hole, off amazon. Everyone MUST see this film...

And the funny thing is... it is basically explaining what my coven and I have been teaching in our Wicca classes and to each other since I joined the coven (in '94) and long before I came along. I don't know about other people's Wicca except what I've learned directly from other witches I've worked with, but really, magic and prayer (in my opinion) are really just quantum physics.

I am really looking forward to getting the expanded version.

I wonder if I can get J to watch it... and GET it. I've been trying to explain some of these concepts to him and he just doesn't GET it. I wonder if it's just because it's me... or if he really doesn't want to GET IT... doesn't want to accept responsibility for his reality.

On saturday, when Kevin and I were out and about. I was stopped at a light at a busy intersection, and saw on the corner a guy holding a pole with 3 signs, all the same sign... advertising some going-out-of-business sale (the sale has been going on for a month). He was just standing on this corner, holding this pole of signs. It was almost 90 degress out and the sun was beating down on this poor guy. It probably felt like 95 with all that concrete around. He was probably just some poor schmuck who got laid off, and "lucky" break for him, he got picked that morning at the LaborReady temp office to work that corner. He looked like a decent guy. Hot and sweating and his tanned skin turning red with a burn. It only took me a moment to decide to try to get in the other lane so I could swing around, making a stop at the kwik shop a block away so I could get him a bottle or two of cold water. Just as I had started to figure out how to change lanes at the stop light, someone else pulled up next to him and gave him a bottle of cold water. Stellar!!! I got a lump in my throat, because I wasn't the only one that felt for him. It gave me a little hope for the world, and I drove on saying a blessing for those folks in that car and a hope that the guy on that corner has a turn around on his luck so he doesn't have to stand on that corner again.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I so would have gotten water for him too!! You rock Michele!! I am glad someone else had the same idea.. It gave me chills.. and hope...

Julie said...

That's a wonderful story. I hope it provided him with even just a little relief.

Dagny said...

*sniff*

Please update more often...else I will never know how you are doing. :(

xoxoxo

:)