CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

basket ideas


When I was at Walmart a couple days ago, J and I went down some aisles so I could get some Ostara basket filler ideas. In the crayola aisle (have you noticed that it's not just crayola crayons anymore? crayola gets a whole fricken AISLE for markers, crayons, coloring books, etc etc) I found toddler crayons. They are egg shaped (nothing to do with easter) to be easier to hold in toddler hands. Also, they aren't a crayon that can be broken into bite-sized pieces and eaten! So, I will be picking up some toddler crayons for Kevin to color with. I think that we will color some eggs and tape them to the windows next week!

I discovered that Kevin likes things with lights, especially if they blink. heaven forbid that he get ahold of one of J's flashlights (J has a zillion flashlights... in my perception lol) because I can never get him to give it up. I saw some easter blinky light things... I might get one of those to put in the basket. I think I might also look for some more large plastic non-moving-parts dinosaurs to go with his T-rex that he got at the Walking with Dinosaurs show last weekend. He loves his Rrrarrrr and plays with it all the time. I think T-Rex Rrrarrrr needs a stegosaurus or tricerotops to eat.

I am going to skip that grass shit that is usually sold to put in those baskets. I'll get it when he's older. But I'll never forget my stepsisters daughter, at the easter when she was a year old, she somehow managed to eat some of that grass, and when it came out the other end later, one end of that grass was stuck in a turd in her diaper, and the other end was stuck in a turd still inside her. I will never forget watching my mom pull that piece of grass out gently while my stepsister (who was f-n 16 at the time) hold her daughter while the poor kid screamed. No thanks. Keep your plastic grass, Walmart.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah, no grass here either. Thanks for the info on those crayons! I'll look for them.

Anonymous said...

Holy yuck!

Dagny said...

omg, I am so sorry, I had no clue you were blogging again!!!

For about 6 months, I checked every other day...LOL. But then I just stopped, until today!

So yeah, sorry about that!

:)

Michele said...

Jen, I'm sorry you checked and saw nothing here! I lost my way here and couldn't post and was too lazy to figure out my password, but yeah, I'm back. ;)

Barb said...

Oh, I'm definately NOT putting any grass in Easter baskets when I have kids!
Thanks for the heads up!!

Dagny said...

Glad to hear it Michelle!!! :D