CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Drummin'!

Ok, found a new hobby. LOL.... I will be practicing my drumming!

Kevin had a BLAST. First, he had a room full of women to flirt with. (there was one token male who took the workshop... and he was cute, more on that) There were also about 20 different drums of all sizes, so he was in heaven. Right up till the workshop started, he'd either be flirting or banging on someone's drum. I did notice that towards the end he was watching me hit my drum... I think he was starting to "get" the patterns. I'm hoping I can eventually teach him rhythms. How cool would that be to have my kid be a kick ass drummer of belly dance and tribal music?

SO. I had one guy sign up for the workshop. I was eager to meet him as he was totally unknown to me when I got his registration in the mail. Turned out that he and a friend of his play pretty regularly, including for dancers, and he wanted to network with other folks interested in drumming and Near Eastern belly dance music. And he was cute too! scratch that, he was sexy. :) Long, dark hair in a pony, nice little beard. The grey in the beard gave him a distinguished look. But here's the kicker. He had an aussie accent!!! I can safely say that I was not the only female thinking "yummy". One gal told me she intended to pursue. LMAO. I wish her luck. ;)

I've rediscovered my iPod. Of course I used it every week for dance class. But when my desktop crashed, I stopped syncing my iPod because my laptop didn't have iTunes on it. However, I realized that the desktop may be a while getting fixed, so I moved my iTunes over to the laptop. Fortunately all my music (and all other computer files) had been stored on an external harddrive, making it easier to move everything. I did do a dorky thing... stayed up all saturday night moving the files, remaking my playlists, getting everything ready to sync my iPod. By the time I finally plugged the iPod in to sync, it was 6am sunday morning and I had not slept at all. whoa. While the iPod did it's thing, I passed out briefly on the couch. But I got up again when Kevin and James got to the living room, so I pretty much did sunday activities on no sleep. Surprisingly, I didn't feel the crash till late afternoon, evening of sunday. But I won't be making a habit of that...
Anyway, I had downloaded a bunch of classic rock songs that I haven't heard in years but never got them on the iPod till this weekend. So now I'm listening to great songs I've missed, as well as some new belly dance music I haven't listened to before. I'm finding stuff I want to write a dance for and being nostalgic.

Bedtime. Kevin has an appt with a surgeon tomorrow morning to find out if he actually has a hernia.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Glad you had such fun drumming! And keep us updated on Kevin please...

Dagny said...

He can also become Dave Grohl if he keeps drumming. that would also be good! ;)